Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thoughtful Thursday


Friends - how does one make friends?  How do you know you have a good or a best friend?

I had a best friend in school named Mary Ann. We met in fifth grade and we were like peanut butter and jelly.  We were different in many ways but we stuck together until grade 12.  I miss having a friend like that.

I've had many friends since then but I'm not sure if any of them were "best" friends.  I had a great friend named Cindy for over 10 years. I consider my husband's sister one of my very good friends, even if she is family.  I have had a few really good friends in Ukraine too, both Americans and Ukrainians.

From an online source, here are the qualities of a Godly friendship.
A godly friend:

  1. Is encouraging
  2. Is a truth speaker
  3. Says things in love
  4. Prays for you
  5. Is thoughtful
  6. Is secure in their dignity
  7. Is loyal
  8. Forgives
  9. Is a peacemaker
  10. Brings out your best
Do you have a best friend?  What is your friendship like?
Leave your answer in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments! Please be kind and thoughtful in your comments. Comments may be removed at the administrator's discretion.